This means your account is locked and you’ll need to contact Waitrose Customer Services by email to fix it.
Getting that strange AROS screen from Retropie / Amiberry? That’s because you’re trying to run a zip file and Retropie interprets it incorrectly.
Convert it to lha: https://gist.github.com/jamespo/8507608997fd3cd13ba0d86dd8c054d2
The story at the end of this review made me laugh.
It was around new year, and I was in Edinburgh, staying with some friends in their student house. We were playing a big ‘ol LAN game of AoE2, and despite turtling up and hoarding a ton of resources, I sort of… forgot to build an army, and got totally thrashed before I could really get my war machine going. Nevertheless, I survived with one villager and a ton of gold, and went to hide in the very corner of the map, surrounded by jungle.
I went dead quiet on chat, hoping everyone would forget about me. And somehow, as I built up farms and farms and farms and farms, they did. God knows how they didn’t notice me, but as they walloped each other through endless, monstrously wasteful wars of attrition, I was packed away in the corner, with my tiny, compact powerhouse of a city dedicated to one thing only: the production of elephants.
As the last three players fell into a sort of exhausted stalemate, I finally reappeared on chat with three words: “ur all… elephucked”. And so they were. My two hundred elephants, every villager sacrificed to give me the population space to build them (I like to think they consumed the meat of the final humans), swept out from hiding, and battered every building on the map to atoms. Everyone was so fatigued by then, and their economies so tapped out by hours of war, they barely put up a resistance. It was one of the few times I’ve ever won a multiplayer game, and I treasure it to this day.
Able to hear but can’t be heard?
Try disabling the google assistant:
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Tap on More at the bottom right.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Google Assistant.
- Scroll down to Assistant devices and tap on Phone or any other device you have listed where you want to turn Google Assistant off.
- Tap the Google Assistant toggle to turn it off.
You want a 3.5×1.35mm USB cable as these can be powered from a router.
Trying to use the Center Parcs wifi with an Amazon Fire Stick doesn’t work out of the box, it prompts you for a login page that disappears.
I got this to work but it is not easy. The way these login pages work is they register your MAC address (your wifi card has a unique ID known as a MAC address). If you have a linux laptop (& maybe Mac / Windows but you would change your MAC address in a different way if possible) you can clone the MAC address, log in with your laptop and this opens up the connection for your Fire TV.
Here’s how I did it:
- Get your Fire Stick MAC address & turn off Fire Stick
- Install macchanger on your linux machine
- Stop networking on your linux machine
- As a precaution note Linux wifi MAC address
- Temporarily change your wifi interface MAC address to match the firestick
- Start networking & connect to Center Parcs wifi.
- Click through login screen & try browsing
- Reboot / Shutdown linux machine to reset MAC
- Power up Fire Stick & connect to Center Parcs wifi