You want a 3.5×1.35mm USB cable as these can be powered from a router.
Trying to use the Center Parcs wifi with an Amazon Fire Stick doesn’t work out of the box, it prompts you for a login page that disappears.
I got this to work but it is not easy. The way these login pages work is they register your MAC address (your wifi card has a unique ID known as a MAC address). If you have a linux laptop (& maybe Mac / Windows but you would change your MAC address in a different way if possible) you can clone the MAC address, log in with your laptop and this opens up the connection for your Fire TV.
Here’s how I did it:
- Get your Fire Stick MAC address & turn off Fire Stick
- Install macchanger on your linux machine
- Stop networking on your linux machine
- As a precaution note Linux wifi MAC address
- Temporarily change your wifi interface MAC address to match the firestick
- Start networking & connect to Center Parcs wifi.
- Click through login screen & try browsing
- Reboot / Shutdown linux machine to reset MAC
- Power up Fire Stick & connect to Center Parcs wifi
Random wikipedia search of the day (while I was actually looking for the programmer of Zool).
41 goals in 49 games in his first stay at Liverpool. Died aged 24 of TB.
If you’re using the proprietary Nvidia Linux drivers, try upgrading them to v390+
If KB3185330 is failing to install and keeps getting rolled back, chances are your machine is dual-booting Linux and uses GRUB as a bootloader.
Only way I could get the patch to install was to directly boot from my windows drive (F12 at boot to select drive) – I have Linux & bootloader installed on a separate drive.
If the bootloader is on the windows drive I can’t see any other fix than to wipe it, apply update & restore bootloader (tools that may help).