October 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
If KB3185330 is failing to install and keeps getting rolled back, chances are your machine is dual-booting Linux and uses GRUB as a bootloader.
Only way I could get the patch to install was to directly boot from my windows drive (F12 at boot to select drive) – I have Linux & bootloader installed on a separate drive.
If the bootloader is on the windows drive I can’t see any other fix than to wipe it, apply update & restore bootloader (tools that may help).
For a dark look install the “TT Deepdark” theme (also change the text/background in Options->Display):
Also why isn’t there an ability to export/import your config, including loaded extensions?
Apple Watch gaming is super weird, but developers have figured out all sorts of crazy ways to sort of make these game experiences work on the small screen. Usually that’s bite-sized companion style games, not full-blown arcade style games. The upcoming Marble Watchness bucks that trend by attem
Source: Love ‘Marble Madness’ but Wish It Was on Your Watch? ‘Marble Watchness’ Might Be for You | TouchArcade
I donated to @mozthunderbird today to #freetheinbox. Join me to support communication privacy.
Source: donate.mozilla.org | Give to Mozilla Today
Seems only fair as it’s been my mail client for a long time.
Windows 10 comes with the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, a solitaire game that requires you to watch 30-second-long full-screen video advertisements to keep playing. Ad-free solitaire costs $1.49 per month or $9.99 per year. That’s $20 per year if you want both ad-free solitaire and ad-free minesweeper. But there’s a better way.
Source: You Don’t Have to Pay $20 a Year for Solitaire and Minesweeper on Windows 10
chgrp -R Administrators /tmp/uscreens
chmod 777 /tmp/uscreens
chmod 700 /tmp/uscreens/S-username
- Boot into windows, resize (shrink) windows partition with disk management tool to create space for Apricity.
- Download Apricity and write to USB stick.
- Go into BIOS (Esc+F10 at boot). Disable trusted boot.
- Boot off USB Stick (F9 at boot). If you cannot choose “Install” from subsequent boot menu, specifically choose the EFI file.
- Select custom partitioning, create your / and swap partitions in the free space previously created. Remember to mount your first FAT32 partition as /boot/efi or the bootloader won’t install.
- When finished reboot into Apricity. Do a full update, ensure you are on kernel 4.5+.
- In /etc/default/grub set GRUB_DEFAULT=saved & uncomment GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=”true” to remember previous OS.
- Add Windows to boot menu with
su -c ‘os-prober && grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg’
Note: if you apply a large windows update (service pack size), you may find that the GRUB boot loader is broken and goes into Rescue Mode. You can fix this by temporarily changing the root partition that GRUB needs to find and then fixing it permanently by running sudo grub-install.
Posted in Linux
Tagged arch linux
Follow Matt’s advice – this uses recalbox and NOOBS
Didn’t work until I whitelisted my IP address from the Bad Behaviour plugin however.
As I like to do everything in emacs, may as well blog from it too.
Apache Tika – a content analysis toolkitThe Apache Tika™ toolkit detects and extracts metadata and text from over a thousand different file types (such as PPT, XLS, and PDF). All of these file types can be parsed through a single interface, making Tika useful for search engine indexing, content analysis, translation, and much more. You can find the latest release on the download page. Please see the Getting Started page for more information on how to start using Tika.
Source: Apache Tika – Apache Tika