Windows 10 comes with the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, a solitaire game that requires you to watch 30-second-long full-screen video advertisements to keep playing. Ad-free solitaire costs $1.49 per month or $9.99 per year. That’s $20 per year if you want both ad-free solitaire and ad-free minesweeper. But there’s a better way.
chgrp -R Administrators /tmp/uscreens chmod 777 /tmp/uscreens chmod 700 /tmp/uscreens/S-username
- Boot into windows, resize (shrink) windows partition with disk management tool to create space for Apricity.
- Download Apricity and write to USB stick.
- Go into BIOS (Esc+F10 at boot). Disable trusted boot.
- Boot off USB Stick (F9 at boot). If you cannot choose “Install” from subsequent boot menu, specifically choose the EFI file.
- Select custom partitioning, create your / and swap partitions in the free space previously created. Remember to mount your first FAT32 partition as /boot/efi or the bootloader won’t install.
- When finished reboot into Apricity. Do a full update, ensure you are on kernel 4.5+.
- In /etc/default/grub set GRUB_DEFAULT=saved & uncomment GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=”true” to remember previous OS.
- Add Windows to boot menu with
su -c ‘os-prober && grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg’
Note: if you apply a large windows update (service pack size), you may find that the GRUB boot loader is broken and goes into Rescue Mode. You can fix this by temporarily changing the root partition that GRUB needs to find and then fixing it permanently by running sudo grub-install.
Follow Matt’s advice – this uses recalbox and NOOBS
Didn’t work until I whitelisted my IP address from the Bad Behaviour plugin however.
As I like to do everything in emacs, may as well blog from it too.
Apache Tika – a content analysis toolkitThe Apache Tika™ toolkit detects and extracts metadata and text from over a thousand different file types (such as PPT, XLS, and PDF). All of these file types can be parsed through a single interface, making Tika useful for search engine indexing, content analysis, translation, and much more. You can find the latest release on the download page. Please see the Getting Started page for more information on how to start using Tika.
Source: Apache Tika – Apache Tika
I was having performance issues with Spotify on Android, temporary lock ups, crashes, etc. This is on Android 5.0.1 (Marshmallow) on a Huawei Honor 7.
It seems to be due to the fact that my cache is on a Micro SD card… and I’d bought a “standard” (ie – slow) Kingston one. Copying my card to a new fast one (Samsung EVO+) and swapping them over *seems* to have fixed the issue.
Update: didn’t fix it, disabling nuplayer fixes it!
I have letters after my name: a certificate from the Sorbonne in French, a math/CS master’s from UIUC, a theology master’s from Cambridge, and other things that do not correspond to letters after my name: being an accomplished author, and a decade’s experience in front end. Oh, and teaching myself Latin didn’t get me any letters after my name, or going beyond my coursework in Greek.
Of course you do.
lcdproc was starting before /dev/ttyUSB0 was up
- cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/lcdd.service /etc/systemd/system/lcdd@.service
- Modify lcdd@.service to look like below:
Description=LCD display driver
ExecStart=/usr/bin/LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf
- systemctl enable lcdd@ttyUSB0.service